Research studies have shown that a high carbohydrate diet is associated with increased insulin levels, which triggers the body to store fat around organs, tissues, and arteries, and can lead to many of the chronic diseases we see today, High insulin levels also create unstable blood sugars, mood swings, brain fog, hunger, carb/sugar cravings, fatigue, and illness.
The result? Fat, sick people.
The Ketogenic Diet Can Help
Here's how it works:
Other benefits of the Ketogenic diet are:
- reduces bloating, digestive disturbances, helps repair gut lining
- boosts memory, cognition, (human brain is 60% fat + ketones cross blood/brain barrier)
- improves cell integrity/fluidity
- cleaner source of fuel for the body than glucose – fewer free radicals
- anti-aging: improves hair, skin, nails, lessens the appearance of wrinkles (whoo hoo!!)
- combats chronic & age-related diseases (Parkinson’s, Alzheimer's, Cancer)
- lower blood pressure
- lower triglycerides
- fewer migraines
- improved mental clarity
- better cholesterol profiles
- hormone regulation
- improved mood
- seizure control
- reduced appetite
- reduced inflammation
Going Keto Can Change Your Life
The biggest change to your eating habits when following a Keto diet may be reducing the intake of carbs and increasing the intake of fats. However, the biggest challenge about going Keto is to change the way you think about weight loss.